The MBA program includes a tour in the Silicon Valley, the goal is to take our future entrepreneurs and project managers to discover this dynamic region. Famous all around the world, the Silicon Valley releases so much creativity and innovation. The place attracts a whole bunch of start-ups and is the kingdom of big companies such as Google or Yahoo!
This year’s tour will give our students the opportunity to meet entrepreneurs and extend their network by :
- Discovering the new entrepreneurs environment and trends in terms of innovation
- Discovering entrepreneurship oriented activities
- Developing their network & boost their start-up projects and creativity
- Learning how to convey a convincing and efficient pitch
- Position themselves for their future company on the market place
In order to achieve those goals, 3 workshops were organized throughout the week :
- Stanford University to attend a conference on big data in business strategies and how to use them to better solve business challenges with real case studies
- Golden State University to learn about fundraising
- Meeting with an HR professional to talk about the pitch on how to stand out in a competition and be convincing in front of a diverse audience
Visits were also organized to make students discover the bay. They met Jerome Grateau, Director of Global Solutions & Innovation at Google with whom they had an enlightening conversation. They also went to a meet-up in downtown San Francisco to exercise their new networking skills. They could meet employees from Amazon, Apple and other big companies and start-ups. A moment was also dedicated to meeting alumni working there. To complete this instructive trip, they introduced their personal pitch or their entrepreneur project in front of a professional jury!